Where npscience unloads her musings and memories
Project maintained by npscience
Hosted on GitHub Pages — Theme by mattgraham
I am a community builder working in the life sciences to foster collaboration and innovation, focussed on the point at which researchers share their results. I specialise in event design for building community, and I care about ensuring that anyone who wishes to can contribute to scholarship and advancement.
Competing interests and background:
- Community Manager, eLife (current employment; Feb 2020 – current)
- Member of the PREreview Advisory Committee (Feb 2020 – current; previously an advisor)
- Member of Dryad Board of Directors (Jul 2019 - 2022)
- #CEFP2019 fellow, CSCCE (2019)
- OpenCon alumnus (2016, 2017, 2018), workshop co-lead (2017, 2018), organising committee member (2017) and application reviewer (2017, 2018)
- Previously Associate Director of ASAPbio (2018-2020), where she worked to advance the use of preprinting in the life sciences by engaging with researchers and advocates, innovators and publishers, and organised the ASAPbio workshop Jan 2020
- Previously Events Coordinator and Innovation Officer at eLife (2016-2018), where she worked to support early-career researchers, discover open source tools for open science and foster innovation through the eLife Sprint 2018
More details in my resume.